At present, Nanotechnology is one of the most challenging, multi-disciplinary, and competitive fields, both as an academic stream and as a business venture, that is poised to revolutionize many aspects of our modern world.
The inherently dynamic nature of this industry requires businesses in this sector to seek legal advice that is premised on globally competitive thinking with cross-disciplinary knowledge and insight that identifies and articulates problems, and provides creative yet practical solutions. Yocto’s Nanotechnology clients benefit from Dr. Gabriella Chan’s background, experience, expertise, and appreciation of the scientific, legal, and business fine points of this sector.
Yocto’s clients receive tailored, well-rounded, and pragmatic advice informed by:
● legal experience as former Vice President of Legal Affairs at a nanotechnology start-up
● an advanced scientific background with postdoctoral work in nanotechnology-based diagnostic devices
● practical business experience working in biotechnology and nanotechnology start-ups
● experience working closely with scientific teams and world-renowned researchers to commercialize nanotechnology inventions
● experience negotiating licensing agreements with university technology transfer offices
Contact Yocto for assistance with:
● IP portfolio development and strategic management including: assessment, enforcement, exploitation and commercialization of IP assets
● Freedom to operate analyses and business strategy
● Corporate matters including founders’ and shareholders’ agreements and executive compensation packages
● Commercialization matters including drafting, review, and negotiation of licensing, distribution, employment, confidentiality, non-competition, strategic alliances, collaboration, R&D, and outsourcing agreements
● Corporate governance matters including directors’ and officers’ liability
● Development of policy and best practices manuals and training materials including: company policies, privacy policies, and IP policy manuals, as well as IP fundamentals instruction manuals
● Regulatory compliance matters including diagnostic device approval, clinical trial management, and market access matters
● Privacy matters including compliance with CASL
● Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit program
● Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) compliance
See additional services.