The Biotechnology component of the Life Sciences industry is a diverse sector whose members face an array of of legal needs. These needs are best addressed by a multidisciplinary approach that integrates knowledge of law, business, and most importantly, an advanced understanding of the science and of the scientific mindset that underpin this sector.
Partnering with Yocto establishes a relationship of unparalleled value that translates into a competitive advantage for Yocto’s Biotechnology sector clients who benefit from Dr. Gabriella Chan’s cross-disciplinary background.
Yocto’s clients receive tailored, pragmatic, and well-rounded advice informed by:
● Legal experience as former Vice President of Legal Affairs at a nanotechnology start-up
● An advanced scientific background
● Practical business experience working in biotechnology and nanotechnology start-ups
● Experience working closely with scientific teams and world renowned researchers to commercialize academic inventions
● Experience negotiating licensing agreements with university technology transfer offices
Contact Yocto for assistance with:
● IP portfolio development and strategic management including: assessment, enforcement, exploitation and commercialization of IP assets
● Freedom to operate analyses and business strategy
● Corporate matters including founders’ and shareholders’ agreements and executive compensation packages
● Commercialization matters including drafting, review, and negotiation of licensing, distribution, employment, confidentiality, non-competition, strategic alliances, collaboration, R&D, and outsourcing agreements
● Corporate governance matters including directors’ and officers’ liability
● Development of policy and best practices manuals and training materials including: company policies, privacy policies, and IP policy manuals, as well as IP fundamentals instruction manuals
● Regulatory compliance matters including diagnostic device approval, clinical trial management, and market access matters
● Privacy matters including compliance with CASL
● Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) tax credit program
● Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) compliance
See additional services.